The biggest problem with receding gums is people usually are unable to gauge whether they have receding gums or not. It is a gradual process and may take quite some time for people to notice that something has happened. If you show it to a dentist in Leland, you might find the right solution at the right time.
Receding gums is a disease where the space between the teeth and the gums increases dramatically, causing pain and distress. If you ask a practicing dentist near you about it, you will get to know. There are several dentists in Leland NC who are competent enough to help you get out of the disease.
The major question remains, that any practicing dentist in 28451 will be able to answer is – what causes receding gums? There are a few reasons which can lead to this condition. Some of them are:
1. Chewing tobacco: Tobacco is one of the most lethal substances, especially from the perspective of oral care. If you have been chewing or consuming tobacco for a long period of time, you might be prone to getting the receding gums disease.
2. Genetics and Hormones: It has been found in researches that a lot depends upon the genetic build-up of an individual, when it comes to gauging whether she is susceptible to receding gums or not.
3. Misaligned Teeth: Many a time, misaligned teeth can cause receding gums. Hence, if you have misaligned teeth, it is highly recommended that you see an orthodontist and get your teeth aligned in the naturally befitting order. Overbite and underbite can also cause receding gums.
4. Brushing Too Hard: If you have been brushing too hard for a large part of your life, there are high chances that you might get receding gums at some point later in life. Brushing between the meals is a healthy habit, but it requires a degree of awareness that tells you what is the limit to which you should be pushing the brush.
5. Unhealthy oral hygiene: If you haven’t had a brushing, flossing and professional cleaning schedule in the first place – it is highly likely that you may get receding gums later on.