Choosing the Dental Filling Option That’s Best for You
You might not be aware of the different types of dental filling you can choose from. It might seem like an exaggeration but dental fillings as many types as there are flavors of ice cream. People are unaware of this fact is why they just sit on the dentist’s chair and tell the dentist to get their fillings done. This is why we, Complete Dental Works has brought to you a list of five types of dental fillings that you can choose from.
Five types of dental fillings
There are these five basic kinds of dental filling material that will be used to treat you. Dentist near you will decide after analyzing your decay, the cost, and other factors, that which kind of dental filling you should go for.
- Dental amalgam also known as silver fillings is one of the most common types of dental fillings. It has been filling cavities for the last 150 years. It is used so widely because it is cost-effective and durable. This is the go-to dental filling for someone who is looking for inexpensive treatment.
- Composite fillings or white fillings are also popular amongst the cosmetic industry. The reason behind this popularity is that it tends to match the color of your natural teeth. This will disguise your dental filling and make it invisible. They are less durable than silver fillings but aesthetically they are more pleasing.
- Ceramic fillings are expensive as they are made of porcelain. The bright side to it is that they are durable, stain-resistant, and visually appealing (tooth-colored).
- Glass ionomers are made of glass and acrylic. It is commonly used on children as their teeth are changing. These fillings last for around 5 days.
- Golden fillings – These are non-corrosive and lasts more than 15 years. But it looks very tacky. This is a reason why these fillings are not preferred unless you’re a rock or movie star.
If you want any further information on the dental fillings, contact dentists in west new york. They will guide you to the best and most effective treatment for you.